PROJECT: MY PEOPLE'S MARKET MINI MAGAZINE
DESCRIPTION: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
LOCATION: PORTLAND, OR
Prosper Portland's Mercatus PDX is a platform that exists to elevate Portland's small business owners of color. It's newest event, My People's Market, combines storyelling with a shopping experience for citizens and stakeholders of Portland. To accompany the special event, Prosper Portland and Travel Portland wanted to provide guests with a directory of small businesses as well as have tangible marketing collateral to repurpose for other events.
- Create and produce a mini magazine to highlight Portland's unique small business owners of color
- Co-managed tasks and deliverables between a team of 5 freelance professionals
- Coordinated interviews and photoshoots for 12 small business owners
- Interviewed and told the story of 3 small business owners
- Collected business information from 100 small businesses via online survey
- Successfully produced 600 copies of the mini mag for distribution at the 1st My People’s Market event on November 6, 2017.